Wednesday 19 October 2016

TRUTHS ABOUT A WOMAN’S WORTH


Image result for woman
“It is important for our daughters and sons to see women and men as different, but equally valued members of society. The measure of a person’s worth has nothing to do with gender and everything to do with character.” -Terry Rosenberg
I will be completely honest when I say I am not jealous of women who are living in today’s society. I cannot begin to understand the pressures of being a woman, working as a woman, living as a woman, and trying to keep up to date with what the newest trend of “being a woman” enforces. You ladies have it tough,
and I want to apologize for the way culture and society has treated you over the years.
As a husband, I need to be honest with myself when I say there are many things about my wife I will never be able to truly understand. Why you ask? Because I’m not a woman. I’ve come to understand that I can’t fix everything, and that there is only so much I can do until my wife ultimately needs the care of Jesus. Although I constantly remind my wife how beautiful she really is, it can’t help but think the society and culture around her might make her insecurities believe otherwise. The reality is that we all have insecurities, and we all have our own way of dealing with them.
My purpose in writing this is to encourage women not to seek their worth through the game of comparison. Why? Because you will always judge yourself unfairly. I urge you to seek your worth in the cross of Jesus, His hope, and his everlasting love.
A woman’s worth isn’t measured by her outer appearance, but whether or not her heart is focused on The One who created her. 
While the world tells your to “wear this” or “buy that”, I want to tell you ignore the lies and focus your attention on the love of Jesus.
  1. A woman is worth more than her outer appearance.
  2. A woman is worth more than her title at work.
  3. A woman is worth more than whether or not she can have kids.
  4. A woman is worth more than how much money she makes.
  5. A woman is worth more than her waist size.
  6. A woman is worth more than the color of her skin.
  7. A woman is worth more than than what the media portrays her to be.
  8. A woman is worth more than the jewelry she wears.
  9. A woman is worth more than the name brands she does or doesn’t wear.
  10. A woman is worth more than the skin the world pressures her to show. 
“The greatest trick satan ever pulled was convincing women that they look better in their makeup.”-Macklemore

No comments:

Post a Comment