Tuesday 23 August 2016

THE WEDDING OATH


 Image result for wedding ring

He who finds a wife, found a good thing and obtain favour from the Lord.
The small acceptable hand cuff, THE WEDDING RING..
... several wedding i attended i discovered most time bride and groom respond to the pastor Question of Will you ......with I Do,  very fast.. and i wish that simple question should be taken home as assignment and the pastor should give enough time for the two parties to really think deep before answering.
Wedding is sweet; marriage is an institution as they say.

FEMALE
I, _____, take you, ______, to be my wedded husband. With deepest joy I come into my new life with you. As you have pledged to me your life and love, so I too happily give you my life, and in confidence submit myself to your headship as to the Lord. As is the church in her relationship to Christ, so I will be to you. _____, I will live first unto our God and then unto you, loving you, obeying you, caring for you and ever seeking to please you. God has prepared me for you and so I will ever strengthen, help, comfort, and encourage you. Therefore, throughout life, no matter what may be ahead of us, I pledge to you my life as an obedient and faithful wife.

MALE

I love you, _____, and I know that God has ordained this love. Because of this I desire to be your husband. Together we will be vessels for His service in accordance with His plan, so that in all areas of our life Christ will have the pre-eminence. Through the pressures of the present and the uncertainties of the future, I promise to be faithful to you. I promise to love, guide, and protect you as Christ does His Church, and as long as we both are alive. According to Ephesians 5 and with His enabling power, I promise to endeavor to show to you the same kind of love as Christ showed the Church when He died for her, and to love you as a part of myself because in His sight we shall be one.

How i wish this poem works for every marriage....





1 comment:

  1. It does when God is involve, but immediately we shift gaze it becomes something else

    ReplyDelete