Friday 7 July 2017

I WANT TO FORGIVE BUT I DON’T KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT IT


Some people really wants to forgive, but don’t know how to go about it. It is very easy to tell a person that the need to forgive those who have hurt them, but the probably might not know how to go about it. Here is a few hint for you
Prayer is vital, but we must do more than pray in order to forgive, when we pray, God always does his part, but very often we fail to do our part then we are confused about why it seems that our prayers were not answered. For example, a person in need of a job ma pray for God to provide him with one, but he still needs to go out and apply at various companies in order to be successful. The same principle applies to forgiveness.
Now we are going to look into the steps you need in order to learn how to forgive.



DESIRE
The first step towards forgiving our enemies must be a strong desire to do it. A person who needs to keep fit won’t succeed unless his desire is very strong. Desire is a more formal or stronger word for want, something you wish for.
I know we don’t like to face this but in reality we all do what we want to do if our desire to do it is strong enough. Strong desire will produce results in every area of our lives, and living free from bitterness, resentment and unforgiveness is no exception.
If you have no desire, start b asking God to give you one because it is the foundation of all success. I had no desire to forgive those I was angry with until I started studying God’s word. I understand the importance of forgiveness when I realized how much God has forgiven me of all I have also done wrong, the word of God made me desire to be obedient in this area and I believe it will do same for you. Sometime ago a fellow corper friend of mine lied against me, it was so pained and felt betrayed, some set of people who heard about it did not bother approaching me but rather started judging me based on what the heard. I was very angry in my spirit but then something came to my mind, (The word of God). I went home feeling sad that day and my roomie asked what I was going to do? I simply said “I have forgiven them, I have no business with rumors.” It was difficult to do but then I desired in my heart to forgive the person and then I overcame and the word of God was a powerful key that helped me out. Today study what God’s word have to say about forgiveness and I believe our heart will be changed, you will want to forgive and once you want to, then the process can begin.

GET THE NEXT STEP TOMORROW

WRITTEN BY: VALERIE NWOJI


No comments:

Post a Comment